I teach lessons to students from the age of 5 to the age of 70! I usually recommend waiting until the age of 7 to start lessons, but the appropriate age is really determined by ability to focus for lessons and approximately 30 minutes of daily practice.
Types of Lessons:
- Beginner – advanced piano
- Beginner – intermediate guitar
- Beginner – intermediate violin
- Beginner mandolin, banjo, hammered dulcimer
- Vocal coaching
- Weekly group classes – piano and guitar Scheduling & Rescheduling
Benefits of Group Classes:
Many people prefer what they know (private lessons) over something new! Here are the pros I want you to know that are in favor of group classes:
- The class will be a whole hour, so students will get some of their required practice time in as well as group and personal instruction. (And parents will have more time to run errands!)
- Lower lesson cost- $40/month- making it more affordable for families!
- More potential for duet and ensemble pieces- providing development of extremely useful group playing skills…band, church worship, accompanying a singer, orchestra…
- Increased accountability for practice time each week as class members report weekly.
Semester commitment for lessons- By scheduling for a semester, you are committing to finish that semester and pay for each month in that semester.
Other – If you only wish to schedule a one-time lesson or a month’s worth of lessons, please specify that in your scheduling request and I will do my best to find a good slot for your request.