I teach lessons to students from the age of 5 to the age of 70+! I usually recommend waiting until the age of 7 to start lessons, but the appropriate age is really determined by ability to focus for lessons and approximately 30 minutes of daily practice.
Lessons & Classes Offered:
- Beginner to advanced piano
- Beginner to intermediate guitar
- Beginner to intermediate violin
- Beginner mandolin, banjo, hammered dulcimer
- Vocal coaching
- Weekly group classes – piano, ukulele and guitar
Benefits of Group Classes:
- Classes last for an entire hour, so students can count 30 minutes of the class as part of their required weekly practice time as well as receiving group and personal instruction. (Plus, parents have time to run errands!)
- Lower lesson cost- $50/month per student- making it more affordable for families!
- More potential for duet and ensemble pieces- providing development of fun & useful group playing skills…band, church worship, accompanying a singer, orchestra…
- Increased accountability for practice time each week as class members report weekly.
Semester commitment for lessons- By scheduling for a semester, you are committing to finish that semester and pay for each month in that semester.
Other – If you only wish to schedule a one-time lesson or a month’s worth of lessons, please specify that in your scheduling request and I will do my best to find a good slot for your request after scheduling full-time students is complete. I know that something is better than nothing, but slots are limited, so thank you for your patience!