I teach lessons to students from the age of 5 to the age of 70+! I usually recommend waiting until the age of 7 to start lessons, but the appropriate age is really determined by ability to focus for lessons and approximately 30 minutes of daily practice.
Lessons & Classes Offered:
- Beginner to advanced piano
- Beginner to intermediate guitar
- Beginner to intermediate violin
- Beginner mandolin, banjo, hammered dulcimer
- Vocal coaching
- Weekly group classes – piano, ukulele and guitar
- One-month classes: Reading, Singing, Applied Theory
Benefits of Group Classes:
- Classes last for an entire hour, so students can count 30 minutes of the class as part of their required weekly practice time as well as receiving group and personal instruction. (Plus, parents have time to run errands!)
- Lower lesson cost- $50/month per student- making it more affordable for families!
- More potential for duet and ensemble pieces- providing development of fun & useful group playing skills…band, church worship, accompanying a singer, orchestra…
- Increased accountability for practice time each week as class members report weekly.
If you sign up for a one-month class, you are not committing to the whole next semester.
Semester commitment for lessons- By scheduling for a semester, you are committing to finish that semester and pay for each month in that semester.