For a printable version, click here: Policy Agreement- updated Jan 23, 2019.
Below are our Studio Policies, with some information specific to January 2019 & Spring Semester 2019!
Semester Commitment: The lease on one awesome car!
• When you sign-up for the semester, you are committing to pay for three months.
Minimal Practice Commitment: Practice is the fuel to help us reach our goals!
• 1st month of lessons: 4 hours of practice throughout the month
• 2nd month of lessons: 8 hours of practice throughout the month
• 3rd month of lessons and on: 12 hours of practice throughout the month
$5 Policy: In order to promote more consistent follow-through on the minimal practice commitment, a penalty of $5 will be added to the next month’s payment if the monthly total is short. If a students hits the high-bar goal of 18 hours throughout the month, they will receive a $5 reward! This policy has greatly increased more consistent practice, which results in students achieving more of their potential and having more fun!
Communication: Good communication is the oil that keeps things running smoothly!
• Please let me know when you or your student has questions or if you’re missing something you need! Texting is the best way to reach me, hands down.
• Every week I will check the record of each student’s practice time, so please ensure each student’s practice time is accurately logged each day or week.
• Occasionally I will send out an email to all my students if I need to communicate more than a group text can handle. I will also send a group text to let you know about the email. I try to craft each email to be as brief yet helpful as possible!
Studio Student Supervision: A seatbelt for everyone…
• Only students age 13 + may be left at the studio unsupervised when not in a lesson. Children may stay in the building as long as they are supervised by an adult.
• Parents may drop off students 5 minutes early for their lesson and may pick them up no later than 5 minutes after their lesson is over. This is to preserve mutual respect and focus for back-to-back students.
Payment: Due before the 10th of each month, for the month.
- Group class: $50/month per student
• Individual student: $60/month
• Each additional family member receives a $10 discount per month (private lessons only).
- If you cannot pay by the 10th of the month, please add a late fee of $5 to
your monthly payment.
Makeup lessons: A little ‘insurance’ for you
• 5th week days are reserved for makeup lessons, so normally scheduled lessons will not occur on 5th week days.
January makeup days: 29, 30, 31
If you miss a lesson in February, please schedule your makeup lesson in March.
March makeup days: 29, 30
April makeup days: 30, first week of May in place of April 8-13.
• 5th-week make-up lesson days are available for lessons missed due to emergencies or with 24-hours notice. If I personally have to cancel with less than 24- hours notice, I will refund or credit you.
• Parents are responsible to schedule makeup lessons. Please text me to request a time
slot on one of the make-up days.
Administrative Fee: $25 per family/per semester
• As a thank you to consistent students, I will waive the fee every back-to-back semester.